Monday, November 4, 2013

"Oh, what a day it was"....Gospel' shining light and Allen Kanovsky glows in it all!


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 11/03/13


Sunday morning Charlie and Debby(my weekend guests) slept a little later than usual, due to our Saturday night ventures and a long week of getting the November edition of JAZZ & BLUES Florida together and posted, then traveling south to have some fun down here. I mixed up the ingredients necessary for some home-made corn bread and added my secret ingredients. Then, put Tomcat Blake's CD in the player. Brewed some strong coffee. some butter, assorted jams and cream cheese on the table. We gobbled it up and headed for the first event. It was at Ave D in Miami. Alice Day's inaugural Sunday Brunch. Perfect for Sunday. Inspirational music to be provided by the newly formed "A Joyful Noise" quartet. We arrived in time for the 2d set. Alice opened it with an exceptional styling of "Amazing Grace".

She introduced the quartet and accompanying drummer and pianist. Christina Alexander, Christian-Joy Demeritt, Ja'Nia Harden, John Harden, Donald C. Thomas and Ronald R.Johnson.

Their program delivered a powerful message of faith and joy. They opened it with a series of spirituals including "He Is Able", "You Are Loved", "I Give Myself A Way", "These Are The Days" and "There Is Power In the Name Jesus". Part of the lyric of this last song is 'break every chain'. I find truth in the fact that faith can 'set you free'. They continued with continuing emotion and spirit. "This Is My Daily Bread", "I'm Chasing After You" and "Here I Am" brought me to reflect on my own history and the epiphany that brought me "home."

The presentation ended with Alice joining the group in a medley of inspirational songs including "Love One Another", Glory, Glory Hallelujah", "Let It Shine" and "All I Feel For MY Lord". The performance moved me to share testimony with the performers. What a great way to start a Sunday.


'A Joyful Noise' featuring Christina Alexander, Christian-Joy Demeritt,Ja'Nia Harden, and
John Harden w/guests Donald C. Thomas and Ronald R. Johnson (keys & drums).







Very good Brunch spread!



This historical building has many nice touches...


Alice Day joined the group for the closing spirited finale.
~ ~ ~

Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?"       


 ~ ~ ~
Traveling to catch some of Florida's good music? Check out these places and rates!
Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
 ~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment