Friday, November 8, 2013

Get it while you can...(and we all know that Allen Kanovsky is out getting it NOW!)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 11/08/13

...because it won't be too long before you see their names on the billboards outside clubs in New York or Chicago or L.A. or San Francisco or the hotels and clubs in South Beach. Alongside the names will be the listed 'cover'. $25--$35--up to $65 and that's per set. Now, if you check listings, you can catch them on the arm or for the price of an adult beverage. Such was the case at Jake's in Hallandale. Stars of Dillard School for the Arts were on the bill. Ben Stocker(tenor), Charlie Steiner(drums), Zach Auslander(guitar) and Chris Mills(bass). During the performance Jerrod Golden and a young lady named Tanya joined the Jam. It is a great experience for the youngsters to perform in a club atmosphere. It is even better to be a member of the listening audience. Each of them are talented and dedicated to JAZZ. What you get to hear is the musical language of youth. Creative, imaginative and swinging. The play list ran the gamut of JAZZ genres from straight ahead to bop. Maybe a little heavier on the be-bop. No objection from me. The played it all from "Blue Trane" to "Summertime". "All the Things You Are" to "Perdido". Ben is rooted in the history. Jerrod is sounding like the future. Zach plays the strings right off the guitar. Charlie knows how to drive a group and Chris Mills is definitely bound for stardom. They play soulful ballads and bounce the rest. Had a great evening with folks who had come to listen, enjoy the ambience and take advantage of the "no cover" policy. 

Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?"       


 ~ ~ ~
Traveling to catch some of Florida's good music? Check out these places and rates!
Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
 ~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment