Sunday, July 12, 2015

Out of the way locations...(Allen Kanovsky finds his way, and takes us with him...)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 07/12/15

…often offer up some exciting stuff.

A joint with the unlikely name of The Chimney House has Eddy Balzola playing solo acoustic guitar and singing every Sunday afternoon from 12 noon 'til 3PM. There's a nice brunch menu featuring 'Huevos Rancheros'. They have a 1/2 pitcher of sangria for $10 & it is easily shared as there are more than 4 glasses in that half pitcher. It was a typically warm Sunday afternoon but fans kept it bearable on the porch.


The music was Eddy at his best. Relaxed and playing for himself as much as to the audience. His friend Marc and wife Holly Spillane would  show up eventually. Eddy's repertoire is exhaustive and eclectic. The American songbook, some bossas, R&R mixed in, a little folk here and there and recognition of John Coltrane's contribution to modern American JAZZ. Definitely a very nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The Chimney House is on the NW  corner of S. Avenue of Arts and W. Los Olas, south of Broward Blvd. and directly behind the Broward Center for the Arts in Ft. Lauderdale. And Eddy's music is worth the hunt. 


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment