Friday, July 24, 2015

I love JAZZ. (Well, tell us something NEW, Allen Kanovsky!)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 07/24/15


I love BLUES.

My favorite instruments are the vibraphone for JAZZ and the Hammond B3 for BLUES. Both have unique sound and tone. Last night was my BLUES night.

An early start to listen to Jeff Prine (guitar/vocals). With Jeff were Krisyar Landival on drums and Bobby Freeman on B3 and doing vocals. This was not one of the new compact B3. This was the back-breaker. Full size and heavy as a baby hippo.

I got to the joint in time to catch "Born On the Bad Side". It was followed by 2 of Jeff's compositions, "Glenny's" and "Current". The former was one of the prettiest melodies I have heard in a long time. Bobby sang and played "I'll Never Know" and showed off his mastery of that massive B3. Jeff does "Everyday" with Krisyar and Bobby contributing significant solos. The last set opened with an instrumental version of a song I didn't recognize and Jeff didn't introduce. Again they gave Krisyar a spotlight moment. Jeff sings "Don't Change Me, Enjoy Me" and then they play Bobby's composition. I am not sure of the title. Maybe "Pickins" or possibly "My Way Back to You". In any case a very comfortable BLUES melody and lyric. They took it out with an easy 'shuffle'.

Jeff was born in to a musical family. His Dad was a big-band leader when big bands were a must-have at any wedding or Bah-Mitzvah. I've known Jeff for several years and observed his musical growth. He continues to take lessons which now include JAZZ.


There are probably more guitar players than any other players. Jeff should be heard.  


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment