Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wednesday's ain't bad...(If Danny Burger's music is involved, as per Allen Kanovsky!)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 05/21/15

...'cause of DannyBurger's Showcase. Different local JAZZ stars every Wednesday night. Last night it was Debbie Orta, family, friends and fans. On the stand Danny Burger celebrating his 'first' hole in one of 48 years playing golf. Mike Orta, Nicky Orta and Debbie. They made Danny a family member by dubbing him Danny "Ortaburger". 

Debbie opened with "Devil Moon" and you knew the joint would 'swig' all night. Next was "Speak Low When You Speak Love". When the played "I'll Remember April" Nicky did what I thought was impossible to do on bass guitar. It inspired Debbie's scat portion. "Easy Livin'" done in a nice easy style. Danny gets his turn when they do "Nothing Can Be Done". "You Make Me Feel So Young" has me dancing with Mike's beautiful girlfriend, Luz. The trio does "Who Can I Turn To". When they  do "All Or Nothing At All Luz and I return to the floor. 

At the break it's family and me {photo on my facebook timeline}. Mom is charming, Luz is bright as well as beautiful. Mike knows JAZZ and claims not to be jealous. Nicky is as quick witted as he is nimble fingered. Debbie keeps expanding her repertoire and her JAZZ chops. Seated nearby are my cousin Burt and gal pal Sandy. The 2nd and also the last set covered lots of standards, a couple off of Debbie's album "Childs Play" and some BLUES. A memorable BLUES line --- "if you don't like my peaches, let my peach tree be." 

Catching up with my pal Dr. Jules Oakander tonight and off to the Jacksonville JAZZ Festival tomorrow. See ya'.   


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment