Sunday, October 13, 2013

4/4 in music...(is a good beat for marching to the tune of life, or no, Allen Kanovsky?)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 10/13/13

...means four quarter time. Four quarter notes to the bar. Yesterday I got caught up in another kind of 4/4. Four quarters of football with 4 overtimes. Why did that keep me from my nightly jaunt to joints that have live JAZZ or BLUES? Michigan vs. Penn State. My granddaughter Ali is a recent Michigan grad. Most of my high school football teammates ended up at Penn State. I ended up working in a mambo band at the Burma Bar and Tivoli CafĂ©. An 18 year old led PSU to the overtime victory against undefeated Michigan. There was no way to escape the drama unfolding on the tube. I was drained by the excitement. Made myself a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, uncapped an Anchor Steam beer, polished it off with a Sambucca laced Triple espresso vodka and fell asleep. I am awake now. It is 5:45AM and still dark out. This afternoon, a breast cancer research benefit Jam session at a place called Beach Bums on Atlantic Blvd. at 4pm. MUSICIANS INVITED TO JOIN IN.  

Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?"       


 ~ ~ ~
Traveling to catch some of Florida's good music? Check out these places and rates!
Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
 ~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment