Saturday, February 2, 2013

balle is dance in Spanish... Al translates.


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 1/31/13



son, salsa, Coletrain & "Caravan"  those are some of the things you will hear if you take the opportunity of listening to "Oriente". This band is dedicated to JAZZ with a definitive Latin flavor. Fronted by local favorite Eddy Balzola (guitar/vocals) with Yoel DelSol(all the latin percussion stuff), Dony Felix(bass) William Parejes(trombone/vocals)and Orlando Machado(drums/vocals) Orlando also appears with "Sound of Vision". I was going to stay home and rest these 81 year old bones. The past 2 weeks have been hectic, lots of JAZZ & BLUES all around South Florida. I told Charlie about that idea and his response, in a somewhat sarcastic tone, was "Yeah-yeah." He was right. I could not resist the temptation of looking at the listings. Alas (huh?) Oriente at BJB's. Impossible to resist listening to this band. Showered, shaved, administered a tiny bit of a mild cologne and "ventured forth". (A little classic literature for the intellectuals amongst us). "Cologne?" you ask. "Surely!" I respond. Explanation: You are going to listen to Oriente. You will start clappin' and tappin' and that can only lead to dancin'. I. DON'T dance by myself. Like I said in the opening sentence the band does it all and they do it "real good". Folks that can and can't dance, young or elderly, cannot resist. They get up and join me on the floor, shaking their respective "booties". Yes I did it again. I helped them close the joint. No respite in view, I guess rest will have to wait for whenever I go "down for the count". Oriente does BJB's once a month, check the listings. Heading for the Funky Biscuit and B3 Friday night.


  

~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment