Saturday, August 15, 2015

Where to begin this...(At least it ended with you on your feet and able to write this, Allen Kanovsky!)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 08/15/15


…tale of woe and faith. Short & sweet. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Last night Nicole Henry was making an appearance at Arts Garage in Delray Beach. I left home in plenty of time. A bad accident had traffic on I95 tied up just south of the airport exit. Another tie up just north of Sunrise was just as bad. I continued along in light traffic. I was travelling in the express lane as it was after 7PM. A motorist in front of me stopped short and in order to avoid a collision I swerved right and then left. The back end spun out carrying me across 3 lanes of traffic and back again ending in a crash into the concrete median barrier.

I hit no other car. Caused no bodily harm (outside of myself).

A young man, I think his last name was Earle and he is a boat broker, rushed to my aid and helped me to the side of the road. A young woman stopped as well. She's a nurse and tended to my wound. All I can say is that the Lord was there. That no one was seriously injured or killed is a genuine miracle. That and the care I received from the EMS team and the staff at Holy Cross Hospital. Add a phone call from Jackie Deering wondering where I would be, resulted in a ride, some dinner and finally being chauffeured home.

Yes, all miraculous. The bad is the pain in my ribs and lower back. The skin scrape which will leave a badly scarred forearm. The ugly: contacted my insurance company this morning. No collision coverage. Car is totaled. It gets uglier. Way short of funds to buy a usable vehicle. Final result---No more nights of reviewing JAZZ & BLUES until I can scrape together enough bucks for a car.

Overall I thank G-d for looking after me and the others that were on the road at the time. He surely had a Hand in the result. I remind all my friends to "Walk In the Path Of His Light". Miracles will happen!

Want to help a music friend out? 
Join in on the GoFundMe 
drive for a replacement 
jazzmobile for Al! 
Details HERE.


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment