Monday, August 24, 2015

...and then...(THE REST OF THE STORY from Allen Kanovsky!)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 08/23/15

...Continued from yesterday's blog:  http://jazz-bluesflorida.blogspot.com/2015/08/i-was-11-whenraconteur-allen-kanovsky.html 

...Chuck and Paul & Orlando & Josh went on to do a nice, easy shuffle called "Drink On". Josh delivered an over the top solo. Chuck paid tribute to Roy Jones with "Welcome Home Any Lonesome Day". Again 8 beat boogie with "Lonesome Child". You can't do a BLUES program without something from Muddy Waters. Josh picks it up with "Two Of 'em Said Let Him Go". James came on to sit down at the piano and sing "Kick 'em All Out" in kind of a rag. He followed with "one More Mile" The tune brought joy to me ear and a tear to my heart. Now it James & Chuck side by side on the piano bench doing "That's Why I Keep On Drinking". Josh using a slide with Paul & Orlando delivering great rhythm. They took it out with a boogie. Boogie-Woogie demands really good left-hand. BLUES become dynamic with right-hand play. Two left-hands and two of the best rights in the world are delivering an unforgettable moment in music.

The 2nd set was fun song after fun song. "Call My Job", "Stockyard BLUES", "Who Drank My Beer While I Was In the Rear". Chuck got very serious with "After Hours". Again the right hand was a marvel. Josh got back to the fun with Jimmy Rodgers last meal tune "Fry Me Two Dinosaur Eggs --- I'll wait right here 'til you get back with it. James returns to do "You Take All My Money & Treat Me Like A Monkey Man". The closing lyric says "I ain't no Casanova but I ain't no monkey man". "How Long" is a real BLUES song and it was played for all it's worth. Chuck's original composition "AnnaLee" is a tender song. They closed the show with "School Days" and the entire audience on their feet, cheering. 

Thanks to all JAZZophiles & BLUESiacs who have contributed to my GoFundMe fund and all those who sent kind thoughts, prayers & good wishes. Love you guys.


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment