Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Legend of the Luckiest Man in the Room - A visitor reports in on the Greater Tampa Area music scene....

Charlie asks: " Well? Did things go well, except for the golfing?"

Greg replies: "Absolutely unbelievable. Phil Stevens sat me Front Center table. Sean Chambers had it going. Hung with his wife and then Sean after show.  The Music Ranch may possibly be the best venue I have ever been to.  The Crowd was intimate.  I talked to almost everyone.  I brought awesome food to share and Hawaiian beer I brought back from Kona plus a Coconut/Pineapple Vodka.  But the sophisticated palate of Florida would rather drink Bourbon. Which is okay, the crowd left 2 bottles on my table! I guess they hoped to straighten me out;-) Being originally from Holy Toledo, I am well acquainted with Uncle Jim Beam ;-)

TJ Carr rocked the Ka Tiki. The Place had a vibe going. He had everyone feeling good.  The women were especially enjoyable in that state of Bliss. 

I flirted with the Girl who runs contests at the Ball Game. Ended up on the big screen and won 2 dinners for myself and Appetizers for everyone around me for the Rumfish.  We ate Lionfish which you can't pass up. Especially for free!

Wednesday my Brother and Nephew came in and we walked Central Ave in St. Pete.  Ferg's rocked before the game, but Hideaway was dead for TJ Carr, Greenbench Brewery is way to calm for me. But the Bodega across the street serves and awesome Cuban sausage and beef burgers that I will never pass up when I get back. We hit up Mahuffer’s in Indian Shores and Mickey Quinn's.  MaHuffer’s is right up the Holy Toledo Crowds alley. They thought they had died and went to Dive Heaven. I agree. Since it is walking distance from Condo, I will park myself in my own little whole in a cubby next time I am through.

The Freight Train Show at Aces cannot be described with the Human Mouth.  Front Row Center Table again. Once again words fail me, but I had a 6' hottie swaying all-night almost in my lap.  My Nephew found a young barmaid who dialed him in. Some Guy kept passing me a hip flask of Gentleman Jack.  The Opening act was incredible, did mostly the Guitarist own stuff. He is worth seeing over and over. Didn't catch the name, but a local kid.  Actually I did catch it but with the Jack in me, I bobbled it for an error. 

They decide against the golf, so I got them on the Hillsborough River with the Gators. They will not forget that. Best $20 you could spend on non-natives.

Thanks for all your help.  I will be back soon, but definitely next year at Thanksgiving.
Enjoy the Music; it is much more to my liking that what goes on here is Cali.  You are in Heaven."
Greg 

No comments :

Post a Comment