Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miami Florida Jazz Radio Programming - Update from Robert “Bebob” Grabowski

#JazzBluesFlorida #jazz #blues #Florida #Concerts #Festivals #Clubs

A Second Open Letter to the Jazz Community:
February 23, 2010

Dear Friends,

It is, without a doubt, the most amazing turn out of public opinion I have ever witnessed – emails – tweets - facebook blogs - media blogs – and old fashioned phone calls – but regardless of the mediums, your message was heard loud and clear and I congratulate each of you for your clarity, passion, and commitment. It worked – WLRN will now have a real local oriented jazz DJ on five nights a week!!!!! Tracy Fields was chosen and I know she will play some really good things.

More importantly, the phenomena of the social media blitz that you created (thanks to everyone who kindly shared their email list for the cause!) allows me to prove what I have been saying for some time – that there really is a very large and diverse and dedicated jazz audience in South Florida. As an educator and a jazz musician, this is a very good thing for all of us to know – that this many people care. We need to remember this!

As to myself, I was honored to facilitate the start of it, but we have to give special kudos to Bob Weinberg (Sun Sentinel) and Erik Maza (Riptide 2.0 New Times) for keeping the story going and keeping everyone informed as to progress. Special thanks to Nicole Henry, who’s i-petition came a few days later and just may have been the icing on the cake that caused WLRN to shift their paradigm! I-petition – who would have thought? My personal thanks to everyone who blistered off an email, called, shared their concern with others, and made it real – thank you all!

On a personal note, I regret to inform you that I have had to resign my position at WLRN. Their idea of punishing me for speaking out was to indefinitely keep me off the air. I felt I had no option but to resign, and so I did last night. I thank all of our listeners for two incredible years of Monday Night Jazz there!

Now, some good news! I have joined the revolution of the 21st century and taken my Jazz Show ONLINE! I have become an educational podcaster and will put up a new one hour show every week – expect a lot of great music, local interviews and albums, and all at an easy website to listen to or download to your ipod to listen to later. It will be up on itunes itself by the end of the week. It will always be a free podcast with no advertising as well.

So welcome to my brand new podosphere:

bebob.podbean.com

Enjoy it and again, thank you for all you each have done for jazz and the South Florida Jazz Community! Keep Jazz live always!!!!!

Robert “Bebob” Grabowski
http://www.grabowskimusic.com/
http://www.bebob.podbean.com/



Posted by
Jazz & Blues Florida
www.JazzBluesFlorida.com
.

No comments :

Post a Comment