Monday, June 1, 2015

A "Thank you"...(And a little more from Allen Kanovsky)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 05/xx/15

...is always welcome. Sometimes it is misdirected. Musicians thank the audience for attending. The greater thanks should come from the listeners. They sit back, enjoy a beverage, a snack and enjoy the music. The band does all the work. It happens to me all the time. Musicians and vocalists "thank" me for my reviews.


The 'thank yous' should be directed to Elaine Porteous (African Odyssey) who sponsors my blogs. It is her sponsorship that make it possible for me to review your music and have the review do more than sit on my laptop. 

Now I turn to advertising. JAZZBLUESflorida is not an NFP venture. It is a commercial business. It depends on paid advertisers for it to provide the service to the listening community. Whether you are a club owner or musician you all know the old saying "It Pays To Advertise". The most well known brands in America i:e. Coca-Cola,, GM, "Bud", in spite of their well known names continue to spend hundreds of thousands to advertise. Why do companies spend small fortunes for spots during the Super Bowl? If you examine the demographics of the publication you will find it is directed toward your market in the state of Florida. As an example, the blog page you are reading gets over 15,000 hits a month. How big is your mailing list? How much do you pay for print or air advertising? I do not get paid for visiting or writing about you or your business.

Contact Charlie at Sales@jazzbluesflorida.com. 
"It Pays To Advertise"


Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?" 
      




 ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com to see the scene.
Or, just use this FORM to sign up to have
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
And, if you like what you see here, please HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

Did you know that as Florida’s ONLY promotion platform for live jazz & blues:
We have the only monthly publication dedicated to previews of upcoming jazz and blues shows in Florida at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com ?
We have the most comprehensive festival page for Florida jazz & blues at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Festivals?
We have the most comprehensive and active news blog for Florida jazz & blues news www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/Blog?
We have the most complete and current listing of Florida jazz and blues links at www.JazzBluesFlorida.com/links?
We have the largest email notification system for upcoming jazz and blues events in Florida?


No comments :

Post a Comment