Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Jazz & Blues Florida On The Road - Eddie 9V at The Zoo Bar in Lincoln NE


Jazz & Blues Florida On The Road: 

June 20, 2022 ~ 6-9pm, $10
Zoo Bar, 136 N 14th St, Lincoln, NE 68508
https://zoobar.com
https://www.facebook.com/ZooBarBlues
https://www.instagram.com/zoobarblues

Eddie 9V
https://www.eddie9volt.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Eddie9V

Perfect timing! 1st time through this illustrious door, open to the blues since 1973… And it's been on my list for at least 25 of those years. What are the odds? A Monday night touring band show, from Georgia, that I have NOT seen, but have been enjoying the recorded music I've heard over the past 2-3 years, DIRECTLY on the route that I am taking to Colorado, on the night I'm passing through Lincoln NE? I guess my stars and moons and all that are aligned!

So... Carl, the welcoming committee outside the front door, greeted me like an old friend and it was an instant "I'm home" moment. Including some pride shining through on the local blues scene history here. Friendly, smiling bartenders (pretty too!) was the next personal encounter. Then Chick Ganz came by to introduce himself and welcome me to his 'home-away-from-home" and provide some more introductions. One was a KBA 2015 awardee, B.J. Huchtemann (Works at music journalist & HOODOO columnist for The Reader, www.thereader.com), that was sitting next to me. Another was to the Pres of the Omaha Blues Society, Mark Grubbs, who made sure I knew I was invited back to the upcoming In The Market For The Blues Fest in August. Man, LOTS of places and people could take lessons in how to welcome a new guy to the local scene from the locals here. In the short time BEFORE the music even started I meet four people I'll be looking for in Winter Park this weekend!

The walls are covered with the memories of past shows. The thin-slat wood floors are well worn from soles shuffling. The smiles of the patrons extend to the tapping fingers and toes. The Zoo Bar is a world famous destination for blues artists. The people that I'm here with on a Monday night with are definitely a major reason that is so true. Thank you!

























~ ~ ~ 
Distribution by
(561)313-7432
#JazzBluesFlorida #Jazz #Blues #Clubs #Concerts #Festivals
Making the scene since 2006!
If you wish to be included in our personalized 
subscriber list please use this FORM
Join us on INSTAGRAM!
Tweet some TWITTER at us!
See what we see on YOUTUBE!
And, of course, you can LIKE us on FACEBOOK!
(Maxed out at 5K on the personal page since 2016)
We link to business on LINKEDIN.
And, yes, PINTEREST, too!
~ ~ ~ ~
And, if you like what you see here, please 
HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!

No comments :

Post a Comment