Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stu Grant, host of Jazz Impressions on WXEL, makes plea for support as station changes hands


#JazzBluesFlorida #jazz #blues #Florida #Concerts #Festivals #Clubs #JazzClubs #BluesClubs


From Stu Grant:
Music Lovers...
With the  recent sale of WXEL to Classical South Florida there are some impending changes going on, one of which is most likely Jazz Impressions with Stu Grant Saturday nights. Quality programming is their goal and I ask you what's more quality music than the Great American Song Book with Gershwin, Cole Porter, Ellington - America's true art form?
Let your voice be heard if you love the best in jazz and you want to see it stay the same.
You can send your sentiments to  GM Doug Evan's at  devans@classicalsouthflorida.org 
NPR Radio..In the public interest..
Stu Grant
Posted by Jazz Blues Florida
.

5 comments :

  1. I am heartbroken. I have listened to Stu since the beginning of love94.I am very sad,I still have XM but I will miss Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the Arbitron numbers, but come on, Jazz Impressions is a very good show. If you can't make it available over the air, at least make it available via the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbroken too.. been listening for years also.. a staple oof my sat. Night!
    Why did they have to do this! !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was puzzled why Jazz Impressions with Stu Grant was not on the past 2 Saturdays when I tuned in at 6 pm. I looked forward to the program every week and really miss it. Stu Grant has been a wonderful host of the program. I have listened to him since the early days of Love94. I hope that WXEL will reconsider and put Jazz Impressions back on its programming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a fan of Stu for a very long time. I listened to his father Alan Grant on WBUS before 93.9 turned into Love94, then of course stayed on listening to Stu throughout the years.

    This is sad. I may be late to the party but I've been traveling and didn't really know why I was not able to tune in to Stu on Saturday and Gina on Sunday. Is there anything that can be done?

    dquarasr

    ReplyDelete