Saturday, January 23, 2021

Cathy Grier & The Troublemakers Newly Released I'M ALL BURN


I'M ALL BURN
2020 Release by Cathy Grier & The Troublemakers
https://cathygrier.com/
https://www.facebook.com/cathy.grier.musician

Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've acknowledged the new music I've received over the past year. Just couldn't focus enough between being sick at the beginning of the year, the work I've been doing to keep things going with JBF and what's been happening in our nation and community. Apologies offered for the delay, and now I'm ready to start feeling the music enough to share what I'm hearing in these recordings... Forward...

I was introduced to Cathy's music at the Paramount BluesFestival in Wisconsin one fine lakeside day a couple years back, with several referrals that her show was one NOT to miss. So, I didn't miss it, but I'm sure you remember back to the good ol' days when we didn't realize how good things were, and maybe we were enjoying the festival experience too much and not really paying enough attention to the music... So, I headed back to Florida and she didn't tour down our way.

Jump forward to this past year when I have been a COVID "Gilligan" (I came up for a two-week R&R and family visit and am still here since February) and even though I haven't been getting out for what little live music has been available, I've been seeing her name popping up online in the company of many of the fine musicians I have known for years. And not just once in a while either. So, I started going back to her previous recordings and took on a deeper appreciation of her and her music. Now it is 2020 and I have been listening to her current-year release I'm All Burn and it is like sitting down with good beverages with a good old friend. Articulate and articulated vocals, kept within her compelling range. No silly lyrics. Harmony in the music and between the words and music, with the support of a cast of musicians that I know are there not only because of Cathy's music, but also because of the person she is as reflected in her music. And, a must-mention of the production work by Steve Hamilton at Makin' Sausage Music. When you get the CD, which is now getting world-wide play, please pay attention to the notes. There is lots of important info (like that on steelbridgecreativefoundation.com, the Holiday Music Motel and who all contributed to the album) available there, and much more on Cathy's website. I look forward to being the room when she eventually tours Florida! 

NEXT: Tommy Bentz.



~ ~ ~ 
Distribution by
Jazz & Blues Florida LLC
JazzBluesFlorida.com
(561)313-7432
#JazzBluesFlorida #Jazz #Blues #Clubs #Concerts #Festivals

If you wish to be included in our FREE subscriber
list please use this FORM

Jazz & Blues Florida's fastest growing social media platform?
Join us on INSTAGRAM!

Tweet some TWITTER at us!
See what we see on YOUTUBE!
And, of course, you can LIKE us on FACEBOOK!
We link to business on LINKEDIN.
And, yes, PINTEREST, too!

~ ~ ~
And, if you like what you see here, please 
HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!

No comments :

Post a Comment