Saturday, August 31, 2013

If you love music...


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 8/30/13

...like I love music-------you would have been with me last night. 

Jumped in the car and headed for the "Funky Buddha" on Federal Highway in Boca Raton. Why? It was early and Aaron Lebos would be playing there. not only Aaron but Jim 'the genius' Gasior(keys), Eric 'emotion' England(bass) and the maestro Rudolfo Zuniga on drums. If you want to listen to tomorrow, today---this is the music of the day after tomorrow. It was Jim Gasior's birthday too. His lovely wife, Peggy or is it Penny, had a great B.day cake which we all enjoyed. When I arrived at the Buddha, I saw Aaron speaking to my buddy Jimmy Belize(photo at top is his). I warned Aaron about speaking with people of Jimmy's ilk.

Jimmy is joining me, Dr. Jules and Elaine Porteous on the trip to Havana for the JAZZ festival in December. Still some room. If you would like to go, call me 661 803 8096.

Aarons band is named "Reality" and is, in truth as real as it can get. They play originals composed by Aaron and arranged by the band. It is original in every way. Some idea of the titles played--"9 to 5", "Hangs", "Yuenglish", "Turning Point", "Dog Zuniga", "Emmalise" and "Home". The second set started with Rudolfo playing by himself. Rhythmic but also arrhythmic--easy and frenetic--softly and dynamic--the band joined in. I have never heard any piece that matches its intensity or emotion. The band named the tune simply "F". Thanks to Aaron, Jim, Eric, and Rudolfo for a great night. Happy birthday "Bird", Jim, and, oh yeah, Michael Jackson


Not a bad joint with hookahs on the tables. I didn't smell anything familiar.  Great band, good company---heading home with Tracy---they are playing Arturo Sandoval with an orchestra--pleasant dreams. Tonight is Silvano---the one and only Silvano Monasterios at Arts Garage.

Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?"       


 ~ ~ ~
Traveling to catch some of Florida's good music? Check out these places and rates!
Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
 ~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment