Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rained out, on & in... (Is Allen all wet? hmmmm....)


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 6/8/13

I should title this a Vicarious review but that word has other puerile implications and so let it be said that I have had events 'rained out'. I have been 'rained on'(literally and figuratively) I have been 'snowed in' and 'snowed'. I have been 'reined in'. Last night was the first time I have been 'RAINED in'. Damon Runyon would have said "Al is known to be seen around and about" Not last night. Mother Nature took charge of my evening. My plan to see Nico Wayne Toussaint(BLUES harp) at the Fish House in Kendall. Instead a torrential rainfall flooded my parking lot making it impossible to get to my car. Knee-hi boots or a kayak would have been necessary. While I was bemoaning my plight, friend Bette Forman called saying that I must get on my horse and high-tail it to Arts Garage in Delray to hear Gianni Bianchini(piano), Zoe(vocals) and Drew Tucker(vibes) doing a spectacular performance. She didn't have the drummer or bassists name. (sorry). I wasn't there at the Fish House, but my good friend Elaine Porteous(African Odyssey) was and gave me a colorful word picture of the happening. Nico had south Florida's premier rhythm section. Joey Gilmore(guitar/vocal), Graham Wood Drout(bass) and Willie Miller playing drums. She e-mailed some photos. The house was packed(SRO) and I could spy my pals Bill and Capt. Bob in the audience. Don't think that Mother Nature and I won't have a little talk about this. Bette then let me know how much I missed at Arts Garage. I know there are always 'other nights'. But there can never, ever again be 'last night'. Ms. Nature you are on Official Notice. 
   
     
Al's Disclaimer:
A short note: The reason I write this is because I love music and words. I do not book acts. I do not promote acts. I do not accept invitations to review artists. I go to venues of my own choice. When and where is not influenced by anything other than who I would like to hear that night or day. If I don't like what I hear, I won't write about it. When I like it I let you all know. I never mention a name without asking permission. "Pardon me, Miss. Would you like to dance?"       


 ~ ~ ~
Traveling to catch some of Florida's good music? Check out these places and rates!
Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com
 ~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment