Monday, March 4, 2013

Hanging with family...Al loves it...


Submitted by Al Kanovsky 3/4/13



Last night started with cocktails at my friends Michael and Josephs condo. My daughter Missy (Flo and I's first born) was in for a short visit and this was a perfect way to start the evening. After the libations we all headed to BLUE Jean BLUES. The joint was packed. Wall to wall and belly to back packed!!! Rita Wilburn was the attraction. The gal is good to look at, has soul, can belt one out and in general ensures that you are going to enjoy. She is backed by Jeff Prine(guitar), Mitch Goldstein(Hammond keys) and the REAL Danny Burger on drums. Joining in was Gino Valente(guitar). Gino is genuine JAZZ. Fortunately my good pal Bill, was there early and kind of saved us seats. We were 4, with him it made 5. The booth he had seats 3. Bill, Joseph, Michael and I, are not what would be considered tiny in any way. It was a dilemma that was resolved by a couple in an adjoining booth leaving before the music started. Barbara Van, who presently does the Sunday JAZZ jam at Michele's, joined Melissa and I. Piano Bob came in to listen. Jim Nestor also came in to hear Rita do her "thang". She does not disappoint. Fortunately my daughter inherited her mother's good looks, big heart and propensity to always want to hear the last note of the night. So we got home early in the morning and slept late into the same morning-----woe is me, woe is me----but it's my way of life, good for what ails you and fun----Life is not a dress rehearsal!!!!
~ ~ ~

Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida 
Please visit http://www.jazzbluesflorida.com/ to sign up to have 
Florida's jazz & blues news delivered to your inbox.
Or, just email me at Charlie@JazzBluesFlorida.com
And, if you like what you see here, HIT THAT FACEBOOK SHARE BUTTON below!
Thanks!

1 comment :