Wednesday, October 17, 2012

R.I.P, Alan Grant, Miami Jazz Radio Host

Stu Grant informs us:

"On a very sad note my father veteran jazz radio personality Alan Grant passed away this past Sunday morning Oct 12th at the age of 92 yrs old in Miami. More details soon..."

Update from Stu as of 10/18/12:

"Jazz fans in south Florida and worldwide...it is with a heavy heart and great memories that i am letting you know that veteran jazz, radio personality, record producer, Grammy award winner, concert producer and my dad and friend Alan Grant passed away this past Sunday October 12th at the age of 92 years in Miami...I could go on about how he influenced my jazz radio career but I am grieving at this moment and just don't have it in me. He truly did it his way and was dedicated and passionate about the preservation of America’s true music jazz. A memorial will be held in a few weeks in Lake Worth at the veteran’s cemetery. Thanks for all of your support through the years..."
Stu Grant can be reached at: JAZZYGUY1948@aol.com .



No comments :

Post a Comment