Monday, December 13, 2010

Bluesman James Peterson Passes

#JazzBluesFlorida #jazz #blues #Florida #Concerts #Festivals #Clubs

Our friend, The Bluesman Randy Hock for over Tampa way, just notified us of the passing of James Peterson. Here is message, and tribute, from Randy:

I just got the verification from Lee Pons and a TXT from Rocky Ruckman about James Passing on.--So this is dedicated to Him. (Lucky Petersons Father)


"The Blues" is full of Stories, and Sarasota Slim probably has a TON more than I do about James, but one Slim mentioned to me is that, "Everybody had a James Peterson Story" after hearing it-I realized that I was "one of the Fortunate ones that He complemented", and the complement meant more, because James was "The REAL OLD SCHOOL Bluesman the Real Deal!" I understand them very well, because they taught me. "It's get it right!, or Move over!" with that disappearing breed" BUT they will teach You to play the Best Music You can play IF you pay attention, and Listen. If James ever "Scolded" anybody it's "only because" HE knew you could do better! Saying "Nothing" meant You got ZERO on Your Test!-(Not worth mentioning.) If He complemented You "Cherish it" because You passed the test! I enjoyed Every minute of playing next to Him-(even though not much.) But "Moments are still Memories good or Bad."-Mine Are Good! I'm going to Make the Blues #1 in Tampa Bay One more Time For James. My song "Living the Life of the Blues" is about Bluesmen like Him also. So lets support the guys like BB and Buddy Guy who are still here "Showing us" I mean this Sincerely-James
You will be Missed!
RIP Brother.
The Bluesman

Obituary and further details to be posted as available.

Details on James Peterson's life at: http://www.answers.com/topic/james-peterson-1
Above photo from: http://www.pbase.com/soulfulimpressions/image/26644392


Posted by Jazz & Blues Florida
www.JazzBluesFlorida.com .

No comments :

Post a Comment